It's true...I wasn't poked once today. In fact, not only was it a day free of being poked (or prodded or injected or scanned), I didn't have one medical appointment today. Wahooey...a regular boring normal day!! I actually worked my full hours at work!! Yes, I know some of you have been wondering if I'm working right now. The answer is "Of course I am!!". I can't imagine sitting at home doing nothing and just waiting...I think I'd go bonkers! Work has been a fantastic distraction and I work with very supportive and understanding people, which is a definite plus!!
This photo was taken when my Dad, Marleen, Alyssa and Olivia came to see me on Sunday. Look at how beautiful these girls are! It's amazing the positive energy that waves out at you from kids. Of course, these two beautiful girls (inside and out) are a pure pleasure to have around!! Next time they have to bring their sister!!
I have my CT scan tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. I'm so happy it's first thing in the morning since I can't have anything to eat for four hours prior...it sure would stink if it was at noon or something!! This is the last of the tests before I meet with my medical oncologist on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed that I find out the scoop and some answers to my never ending list of questions at that appointment!!
I have been receiving some wonderful emails and notes from people checking in and I can't stress enough how much that contact means to me. I'm sucking up all your best wishes, prayers and positive energies and putting it all to good use. Today I got an email from my step-brother Dave. He is a paramedic in the Ottawa area. And he had these very wise words for me that I've been waiting all day to share with you...
"I spend a lot of time on the roads and in the streets where my boots are on the asphalt. Every city and every person on the roads are connected. So think of me next time you step off the curb and onto the asphalt (watch out for traffic first). Because there are warm thoughts of love and wishes for peace of mind and strength of body for you from me and my family."
Now Dave broke the rule and made me get all teary, and he's forgiven because I really love this idea. Not everyone is right here in K-W with me. You're out there...wherever you live...and we truly are connected by the roads and the streets that lead from one house to the next and one city to the next, etc. I love the idea that everytime I hit the asphalt I can connect to each of you and the positive vibes you are sending my way. Thanks, Dave. I love the perspective you provided for me today. And thanks for looking out for my safety with the smart ass comment about looking both ways!!
A special thank you tonight to the Glass Girls for the support and special token that I will definitely carry with me.
'Til tomorrow my friends!
xoxo
1 comment:
After a few busy days in Montreal I am home again...all signed up to follow you on this journey. Your great attitude and positive outlook will be such a beautiful message to anyone out there who may encounter this in their own lives. Sending love your way everyday...xo
Post a Comment