Wahoo!! I love these one year anniversaries!! The end of last week marked one year since I finished up my radiation treatments.
Yep, one year ago today I was nursing my radiation burns and feeling grateful and proud to be DONE!!
Today, with a full year behind me, I am doubly grateful and feeling like time is on my side!! As I'm sure you all know, the more time I can put between me and my diagnosis and treatments, the more the risk of a recurrence drops!! Winning!!
So what have I been up to? Well, Matt and I have been to a few symphonies lately, and it's made me think about my high school music teacher, Mr. Ted Kennedy. I took music all through high school and it was definitely my favourite class. The clarinet was my main instrument (played in the studio band) and the alto sax was my second instrument (played in the stage band). Man I loved those days! When Matt and I went to see Bolero, it was lovely to hear those woodwinds featured!! And it made me wonder why we never played it in high school (I think me and my friend Sheryl would have loved to give it a go!!)! Then just a week and a half ago, Matt and I went to listen to the music of John Williams. Yes, you know who John Williams is!! He wrote the music for some of the best movies of all time...all six Star Wars movies, all the Harry Potter movies, the Indiana Jones movies, Jaws, Superman, ET, Close Encounters (the list goes on and on...). It was a fabulous concert and again it made me think about Mr. Kennedy and the fun we had in music and band. He always picked great popular pieces and I know we played a few pieces from John Williams' collection. So I found myself wondering why I haven't played any instruments since high school...
Well...I do have my whole life ahead of me...maybe I should take up a brand new one...wonder how Matt feels about the drums!!
On a more serious 'note', as I put this treatment free year behind me, I have been reflecting on how lucky I am to have so many amazing people in my life. I thank you all for the love and support that not only got me through my treatments but continues to show itself to me today! It feels great to be feeling more and more like myself every day and I know the loving has made all the difference. Thank you.
xoxoxoxxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment