Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Athletics Rock...and a Thanksgiving Update too!

So, again I've been a bad blogger and knew I should definitely come up with something to blog about today.  So, I turned to my other half and said "Honey, I need a blog topic."  His response "OK...your blog topic should be that Athletics rock and you should give a Thanksgiving update too".  Really?  You think I should write about how Athletics rock?  Me?  The most un-athletic person EVER??!!  OK...here goes...

I'm starting with the Thanksgiving update because it's definitely the easier of the two!  We went to Clarksburg (near Collingwood) last Sunday to celebrate with Matt's family.  There was a party for Aunt Donna and Uncle Jim, who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this fall!  It was a really nice lunch - a turkey dinner with the fixings so the "ladies" wouldn't have to go home and make one on Monday.  Works for me!  After the party, we drove to Barrie to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Yep...you guessed it.  More turkey.  Twice in one day!  My sister, being the rock star she is, also made a prime rib.  Yummy!  So, I had a bit of turkey (Sandy's was better) and a bit of prime rib.

My Mom and her husband Ian have decided to relocate to Barrie and took Matt & I to see their new condo on Sunday night.  It's very close to the college and not too far from my sister's place. I think they were moving in this weekend (I should probably follow up on that progress...such a bad daughter!!).  We also made a quick stop for a hug in Cookstown.  It was a whirlwind Thanksgiving tour.

I have mixed emotions about Thanksgiving.  It's definitely not my favourite holiday.  However, I do love the colours that show themselves in the fall (and the trip to Clarksburg last weekend was a great opportunity to check them out along the escarpment)...and I'm always happy for any occasion that makes me stop and think about all I have to be thankful for.  I am blessed.  I am grateful.  My plate is full and for this I am truly thankful!

Now...about that "Athletics Rock" thing.  Hmmm...well, the Rangers won both their games this weekend (and Sharon & I are going to the game this Friday!)  And I am sitting downstairs right now watching motocross on the 50 inch...and it's pretty cool.  These guys are beyond athletic!!

I had a fantastic tennis lesson this week.  Yes, I am LOVING tennis!  My serve is coming along and this week we were hitting balls that came at us from the ball machine.  That was super fun.  So, I think I'm making progress and I'm so glad I still have lots of lessons to go!  I got a new racquet that weighs pretty much nothing and I think it helped me a ton this week that Matt and I got out on the court last Saturday to try it out!  I can't wait to play a game and kick Matt's butt!!  Ok...that may be a ways off...but a girl needs a dream!!

Speaking of Matt, he ran a 10 km race today (the Oktoberfest Run).  He did his personal best!  I'm very proud of him.

And Alex is playing on the Sir John A MacDonald junior football team!  They won their game on Thursday (by one point) against Bluevale!!  Go Highlanders!!

I think what I'm most excited to tell you about today though, is the sweet voice of Lauren.  Her band, Winchester, has a website and their music can be downloaded for free.  I think you should definitely check them out. They were featured on the radio for an hour on Friday night (88.3 fm - CJIQ - Conestoga College). My favourite track is Fade Out.  I am so proud of her and Monty and I'm so amazed at how beautiful her voice sounds.  And I love that I figured out iTunes so I can listen to her on my iPad!

While I know Thanksgiving was last weekend, I think we should take a minute every day to count our blessings.  Make a list, it'll blow your mind!

xoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Everything sounds wonderful....I love the news about your Mom's move! So close... xo We will HAVE to get together this summer!