This was a really tough week for me.
I made the REALLY difficult decision to end my participation at Well-Fit. It was a really difficult decision because I've been going to this fitness group (for cancer patients only) since after my second chemo treatment. These wonderful girls saw me twice a week during all my treatments, recovery and return to work. They supported me and guided me and helped me embrace the road to better health. Hey...they worked miracles! I'm moving my butt more!! During chemo, when my immune system was seriously compromised and I wasn't hugging anyone or going anywhere near anyone who might possibly be sick, I still went to fitness. They operate a sterile environment and if you're sick, you don't go because you know there are others in treatment who can't fight off a little cold. These girls developed a personal program for me every six weeks or so. They pushed me when I needed to be pushed, and kept a close eye on my heart rate monitor when they thought I was pushing too hard. They made a HUGE difference to my cancer journey. So leaving them has had me in tears several times this week. So, I'll bet you're asking "Why go??". Well, with the return to full time hours at work, there are only two classes I can attend - Monday & Wednesday at 5:30. And at the end of the day, I'm just a little too tired to push myself at fitness, and if I miss one of my classes, it's too hard to make it up at another time. Damn this work thing! To Lori, Maddy, Erin & Steph I send out my heartfelt thanks. You girls rock! Thank you for your encouragement, comfort and caring. Thanks for pushing me! Thanks for providing such an awesome support network. And thanks for helping me to embrace fitness! I'll definitely be seeing you!!
Part of the reason I could decide to leave Well Fit is because I am joining the new Athletic Club on Ira Needles. It opens mid-December and I'm pretty excited to check it out. It does mean that in the next six weeks, I need to do some weights at home, go swimming and go for some walks. And of course, I'll continue to push myself at tennis (have I mentioned how much I love playing tennis??!!).
So, on Wednesday I went to my last Well Fit class. I didn't even say good bye to my fellow survivors. I was just way too emotional. I hardly talked to anyone all class, on the verge of tears. Who is this emotional girl??!!
To make my day just a little bit better on Wednesday, someone hit my car while I was parked on the side street near my apartment at lunch. Crap. My street is getting repaved, new curbs, new sidewalks and they redid the plumbing underground...so it's a mess! You have to park a street over and walk. And leave your car out for people to hit! Damn. It's not a really bad dint...but it will have to be repaired. Not a good day.
I hosted a little Stampin' Up party for some girlfriends on Friday night and am so grateful my beautiful man gave me a hand getting ready for it. It was a fun time and amazing how a few hours with your girlfriends can turn your week around!! Thanks girls!
While I was hosting on Friday, Matt was in London painting the faces of my good friends the McGonigles for their Hallowe'en party. Of course if Matt is there painting their faces, I'm sure you can guess that they went as KISS! And who better to do their make up then Matt?! Judy made their costumes and from the picture Jude posted on Facebook they looked awesome! I'm still waiting for a couple of pics to scrapbook...and if I'm granted permission I'll maybe throw one on here too! Matt was so excited that they got into their characters and hammed it up! Great job you guys!! And congrats on the best costume win!!
I was very happy to get a short visit in with Eileen and Markie Thom today. Mark was playing in a hockey tournament in Mississauga this weekend, and while they didn't have any wins yesterday, they had an awesome game today (must have been the good luck charms in the stands!!).
You know, I really don't have very many bad days. So I guess having one (or two) this week just provided me with perspective. Life is good!
xoxoxoxoxo
1 comment:
Sometimes it's difficult to walk away from something that has been such a positive influence in your life.But you know yourself well and hurray for the new gym. Still so positive after all this-you m'dear are a rock star!
Post a Comment