This has been a rough week for me. On Thursday I got a call from my Mom at work that my step-dad had had a stroke while they were on a holiday of sorts near Manitoulin. They had transported him to Owen Sound and didn't know what was wrong with him. I jumped in my car and headed to be with my Mom. They were flown home to Belleville on Monday (I came home on Sunday) and today he is doing much better. He'll be in the hospital for a while and will be getting some therapy while he's there. The good news is he's off all the machines and monitors and holding his own. And he's one determined man, so I know he'll fight to get back to where he was! My Mom is doing well and happy to be home in her own bed and closer to more family and lots of friends.
On Tuesday morning one of my favourite people and closest friends, Bruce, passed away after a 3 1/2 year battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). While I know he's now at peace, my heart is heavy and I can't help feeling a little lost. I am heading to Sudbury tomorrow to the visitation and funeral and to spend some time (hopefully) with his wonderful wife, Eileen, and their two very gorgeous boys, Ian and Mark.
Just a few weeks ago I was pondering the circle of life, and now I feel like it's hit me upside the head. What a crazy path we have to take to get us to where we're supposed to be.
The picture above is Bruce & I at the Walk for ALS on June 13th. I'm so thankful for all the beautiful memories. Rest easy my friend. I love you and I miss you terribly.
3 comments:
So sorry Sue... Hopefully you will have a good celebration of his life in Sudbury.
xo
Sorry to hear you've had such a rough week Sue. Thinking of you.
Kelly
My heart goes out to you Sue! Too much reality for you this week. {hugs}
Post a Comment