Thank you for joining me!! Feel free to stop in any time and see what's new!

It has been great for me to Blog about my journey through cancer and
I'm so grateful for all of you who are along for the ride with me! I'd love to hear from you any time...so feel free to email, call or leave a comment. I love feeling connected
and appreciate all the love!!

With my active treatment for breast cancer behind me, I'm feeling more confident then ever!! It's obvious the positive vibes make a difference!!

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Walk for ALS.....


Sometimes life sucks. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) also commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a rapidly progressive and ultimately fatal neuromuscular disorder that causes the degeneration of a select group of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. As the nerve cells die, people with ALS lose control of their muscles, causing paralysis and making breathing, eating, and even smiling almost impossible. There is no known cause, cure or drug therapy of consequence.

On June 7, 2008 I will be going to Sudbury to support one of my favourite people in the world, his family and friends on the Walk for ALS. I will be a very proud member of team "Bruce's Buddies". The point of the walk is to raise funds towards ALS Research. Bruce is one of my oldest and dearest friends (we went to camp together when we were teenagers) and he was diagnosed with ALS over two years ago.

If you are interested in supporting my walk financially, or just providing some moral support, the link to my website for this walk is below. Check it out if you get a chance!

http://www.als.ca/events/mysite.aspx?fid=2128

Remember to stop, love and embrace those who make your world a beautiful place to be. And give an extra hug to those who make the world a little more difficult, they may be needing the love a little more. Life is way too short.

xoxo

3 comments:

jenn said...

Okay I tried to do it online last night and it wouldn't let me?? I'm going to try again today! lol

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You're such a great friend, Sue. Hope you have a great day!

Love,
Steph

jenn said...

ok i'm off to try this again :)