Matt and I went to Florida for ten days. We had a conference for Matt's work in Naples from June 1st to 5th. We stayed at the Ritz and the service was amazing! It's beautiful in Naples and even though it was damn hot out, there was a lovely breeze by the pool...
And even better then that, the surprise musical guests/entertainment was one of my all time favourite bands - Blue Rodeo!!
My friends Oliver, Lisa, Mark, Heather, Vanessa, Brian & Brad (who know I am a big fan) pulled me up to the front to stand with them...right beside the stage...Jim was right there in front of me. And even better then that, I got to go backstage and meet him in person.
I don't know how many times I've seen Blue Rodeo in concert...10, 15, maybe 20...but this is the first time I got to meet them, get a hug, an autograph and a picture and it made my whole day! Jim Cuddy you rock!
And I loved meeting Greg Keelor too!!
We also went to Ngala - a private wildlife reserve - for dinner one night and I got to meet a camel (and a giraffe) and we had a lovely chat...
So, the conference was good and the Ritz was wonderful and it was really great to spend some time with people I haven't seen in a long time and who's company I truly enjoy! On the 5th, we rented a convertible and drove from Naples to Kissimmee...do you know what's in Kissimmee? That's right!
We went to Disney!!
Back in the fall, in the thick of my chemo treatments, I told Matt when I was all done I wanted to go on a holiday. And not some "learn the history" kind of holiday. I wanted to go on a holiday to celebrate getting through all my treatments and one where I would be totally entertained. I'm not sure there is a better place in the world we could have gone! It was AMAZING!! I LOVED every minute of it. I totally bought into the whole experience...stood in line to meet Mickey, Pooh Bear and Tigger. Matt pre-ordered us some "Ears" and we wore them the whole time (I even wore mine home on the plane!!). It truly is magical and if you have not been...you should go! Whether you have children or not, you will love it! I've attached a few of my pics below. I think you can tell that there is nothing about Disney that I didn't LOVE! I still have a huge smile on my face and we've been home a week tomorrow!
| I loved Animal Kingdom. We went on a Safari...jumped in a jeep and drove right on by the animals. We even saw a lion roar!! |
| We sported some 3-D glasses to watch "It's Tough to be a Bug". All the shows (3-D or musical) we saw were awesome! |
| It was magical. I loved meeting the Mouse! And Minnie was awesome too! So many highlights, I don't know how I would ever choose my favourite! I am so glad we took lots of photos!! |
I am truly blessed to have the BEST partner ever. The thought of the trip ahead definitely made getting through all the yucky treatments easier...and I had no idea how much fun I was going to have! I'm so happy I could keep up (yes, there were a couple of breaks in the afternoon...and some earlyish nights)!! Thank you, Matt, for the best holiday! For spoiling me rotten! And for loving me the way you do!
Tomorrow I am going to do the Survivor Lap in the Relay for Life at Resurrection High School in Waterloo. It's at 7:00 if anyone wants to come out and cheer! Next year I might think about putting a whole team together...but this year, I'm just doing the victory lap!!
And next week I'm heading back to work. We're working on a gradual return to work schedule...and I'm nervous as all hell...but it's time. Time to find that new normal and get my brain rolling on all gears again! This could be painful!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
4 comments:
Awesome pics Sue!! Good luck at the run tonight :)
You sure deserved it honey! Looks like you had a "beyond wonderful" vacation...I am so envious that you got a squeeze from Mr Cuddy. I have such a crush on him xoxo
Tigger doesn't look like he has aged a bit....just like the rest of us!! Can't wait to see the full photo version.
You look so happy, and your hair is fantastic. Good luck heading back to work!!!
Steph xo
Post a Comment